(Because they’ve been loved: Kaila and Andrew)

Kaila is one of my closest, dearest friends. We don’t spend each day together, or even see each other once a week for lunch like some girlfriends do- sometimes we don’t see each other for a couple of months. But I think that makes the time we do spend together that much more sincere, that much more valued and treasured. Kaila’s hugs come from the deepest part of her soul; the same place that knitted grandmother sweaters and my mom’s cream of wheat cereal on a winter morning come from. You just know that if you’re in Kaila’s company, you are loved. Nothing you say and nothing you do is judged. She listens and smiles and relates to everyone in a way that few people are capable of. She’ll tell you that her friends are few and close, but I’ve seen and heard and felt the far reaching comfort that comes from having Kaila in your life. She’s one to hold onto.

And Andrew has. He’s held onto her for close to a decade, through school and apartments and cars and horses and a house and building- always building on the farm. He helps her achieve her biggest dreams and holds her through her saddest disappointments. He is as sincere and loyal as they come. Honestly. Andrew speaks and listens for those in his company, not for himself. Being around Kaila and Andrew when they are together is a wonderful break from the rest of the world- everything you say is heard and respected and appreciated and digested, everything you hear is real and from the heart. Their words, their laughs, their stories- it’s hard to leave their house when it’s time to go. They’ve both thanked me for being in their lives, but it’s silly to think that they’re the ones benefitting from this friendship.

But these people love so freely because they’ve been loved. It’s what they know, it’s what they’ve been rooted in. It’s how they live their lives- through love and respect for each other, for their families, friends, and for their animals.

I can’t even begin to tell you how wonderful this wedding day was. Everything was perfect. Perfectly planned, perfectly prepared, perfectly timed, perfectly paired. From the train that went by right as we walked down to the railroad tracks in front of Kaila’s childhood home, to the the bright, sunny with big fluffy clouds, just a little bit breezy day sent down from the weather gods at my months earlier pleading request. The decor was amazing. The food was delicious. The horses were calm and happy (and SO clean!) The sunset was one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. I can’t think of more deserving people for such a perfect day. Honestly.

Andrew and Kaila, thank you for being my friends. There are very few that are dearer to me than you guys are. I did my very best and have poured every ounce of love and what talent I have into these photos for you and your families. I hope you always look back on them with the fondest regard, the warmest of smiles and more love in your hearts for each other than on the day we took them. Love you guys.

Show Hide 4 comments

sue - November 6, 2012 - 7:20 pm

Amazing Pictures!!! Great job gitl :)

Kaila Watters - November 6, 2012 - 8:34 pm

I love that I have such an awesome friend in my life. Its Perfect, and everything that you do is perfect. You have an amazing talent when there is a camera in your hands (and it doesn’t have to be your beautiful SLR with all its bells and whistles (because I have seen you take amazing photos with your iPhone). You have talent for capturing not just pictures – but moments in time, they contain strong feelings of love, compassion and pure emotion. I would have had Danique in my wedding party – but I knew there was no one else in the world that I trusted to capture my perfect day through the lens of a camera. I know when I look at the beautiful pictures it will make me feel like I am back at my parents house getting ready, or hanging out on the train tracks, or standing in the hay field with that beautiful sunset (I am not sure what Danique had to do to order such a beautiful day and sunset haha).

JY - November 6, 2012 - 10:22 pm

Danique, you got me! Tears (happy ones)! Sometimes I am not sure what is more beautiful, your photographs or your writing. Honestly, you are meant to do this. You talent is obvious, but your love comes across in every picture and every word. Great job and congratulations to Kaila and Andrew.

Jane Abbott - November 6, 2012 - 11:54 pm

The pictures are breath taking! Beautiful job Danique Rowsell!

Cookie Fraser - November 7, 2012 - 12:25 am

Absolutely phenomenal! You are truly gifted!

Paula Holden - November 7, 2012 - 12:33 am

Awesome Photos…

Edi Park - November 7, 2012 - 1:47 am

What a beautiful tribute to a special couple….Congratulations…..I enjoyed it so much…<3 <3 <3.

Barbara Morton - November 7, 2012 - 2:04 am

Beautiful photos!

Muriel Smith - November 7, 2012 - 2:18 am

absolutely beautiful, thanks so much for sharing such lovely pictures…….love and hugs to all…….

Adelaide - April 12, 2013 - 10:06 pm

Your amazing writing and beautiful pictures always have a way of making me cry!

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

Back to Top Share on Facebook Tweet this post Pin it Email to a Friend link this post