(I’m still here)

I’m still here.

I’m still sleeping on the same side of the bed I always have and I’m still brushing my teeth with hot water instead of cold (which Dane says is the norm? really?). To me, things haven’t changed that much. But when I look back, not too far back, just back a year or so ago, so, SO much has changed. I’m happier and more confident. I have new friends and I’ve caught up with and held onto old ones. I understand myself and my goals more. I somehow managed to convince Dane that we needed a cat (her name is Susie-Q). I have a lovely new horse (her name is Lou). I’ve deepened, widened, and strengthened my relationships with all who matter. I’ve forgiven. I’ve almost forgotten.

Most of all, I’ve grown. I’ve grown so much personally. Happily, that’s all spilled right into my professional life.

So here I am. With a new website, new goals, new (and still great, old) clients, and a new year just around the corner.  I have new ideas, new insights, new places to go.

So thank you for sticking with me through these changes. Thanks for still loving my pictures and trusting my visions. Thank you for being patient, and beautiful, and wonderful. ¬†Because without all of you- my family, my friends, my clients, my support networks, my (sometimes not so constructive) critics, I wouldn’t be here. Not like I am now, not the me that I am today- the person I get to be, living the life I get to live.

So, yes. I’m still here. And I’m back now. Hopefully for a good, long while.

Show Hide 6 comments

Julie - November 4, 2012 - 9:01 pm

Dane lied.

Glad you’re back. :)

Anabel Newcomb - November 4, 2012 - 9:10 pm

Just wanted to say HI and that I love your new website. You are a wonderful photographer, and writer! Keep up the good work. And…if you’re ever in need of a vacation, please keep Northern Maine in mind!

JY - November 5, 2012 - 12:28 am

D, I was JUST thinking yesterday about your blog and here you are. Welcome back. xo

Mike Isenor - November 5, 2012 - 1:20 am

WoooHooo! You rock, Danique. Welcome back ….
Love the look of the new site, the new pics … the Danique v2.0 :)

I’ve been scrolling through Kaila and Andrew’s wedding pictures and you took me back to that very special day. This time, however, it was a quieter and more personal setting … your gift and your vision allowed me to shed the tears I could not on my daughter’s wedding day. Thank you

Sarah W - November 5, 2012 - 2:13 am

I was thinking the same thing JY!! Glad to see you’re back D, and hope to hear more from you! Xo

Holly - November 5, 2012 - 12:32 pm

A year can make all the difference. Love you and your endless talent!

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

Back to Top Share on Facebook Tweet this post Pin it Email to a Friend link this post